Thursday, July 9, 2009

Discussion in Second Life

Second Life is my professional development, playground, and 1 hour vacation spot ..if I need it. Second Life is what you make it...emphasis on you. Essentially it is up to you to create your Second Life experience..it is not an environment that allows you to be a passive player and not interact with and seek out events or sites that provide visual elements that are interesting or interaction with others in that an environment.

I have met people from all over the world and nearby ... all of these people will leave a lasting memory of some sort with me as I go on with my life. Will Second Life always exist as it is right now? I hope not...I hope that Linden Labs will continue to push the boundaries of what the technology can do.

I have only been in Second Life for a year...my rez day is coming up August 1st. Those first days and those first steps were awful..frankly I really didn't see much that I liked about Second Life..but I learned more, I have invested in a library of books on Second Life and immersed myself in experiencing the environment---and today I can say that it has been a rewarding experience.

I frequently have conversations with people, like Bevan Whitfield, half a world away discussing our Second Life experiences, personal lives and creating a future for virtual worlds and the virtual experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment